Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Week 29: Happy Cumplesemana!

Hi little O. :)

Happy 29th week birthday!!

I know I say it practically every week now but I can't believe how big you're getting.

According to Pampers, you're about 2.7 pounds and crown to rump you measure 10.4 inches. Oh my!

A premature baby was born recently. She was only 21 weeks and 6 days old and she has survived and is doing well. We don't want you to come out until 40 weeks sweetie pie but I'm so happy to know that you would have a good chance of being okay if you came out early. Don't get any ideas though!

Other things about you this week:

This week marks an important milestone in your brain development: The brain has matured to the point where it can help regulate body temperature. Of course, you aren't ready to do it all on your own yet; you still need the warmth of my body to keep you toasty until birth. You also continue to develop nerve cells in your brain. By the time you're born, you'll have hundreds of billions of them. That seems like a lot, but you need to stock up, since you won't produce any more after birth.

You are looking more like a full-term baby, too. You're plumping up nicely; the surface of your skin is smoother and paler because of the fat you're starting to gain. This fat will be an important factor in your ability to keep warm. You also have eyelashes; you may be batting them at me right now!

Aww...sweetie, you have eyelashes now? Your Daddy has really pretty eyelashes. I wonder if you'll have eyelashes like him. Mommie is a little tired today...I didn't sleep so well last night so I hope I can get some rest tonight.

It was your Abuelito Jorgensen's birthday yesterday...Happy Birthday!! It's also your Lela Carmen's birthday on Friday. So many birthdays! Back to work for Mommie.

-Mommie