Thursday, January 25, 2007

Week 25: Running to the bus stop

Good morning little O. :)

I had another dream about you last night. You were about 2 years old and you were running up a little hill. You were so cute are you were dressed all in red. Whenever I have dreams about you, you're dressed in red. I don't know why though, I'll have to look it up.

I'm at work a little early so I thought I'd write to you. I went to take the bus to work this morning but as I was walking I saw the bus coming (10 minutes early!) so I started running, well a running waddle to catch it. I saw that there was a man at the bus stop so I waved at him hoping he would tell the bus driver to wait. I know he saw me but he must not have told the bus driver to wait because the bus left right away. O, if you see someone running for the bus tell the driver to stop, it's the right thing to do. Out of breath, I waddled back home and drove to work.

I have been meaning to sing to you lately so I thought this would be the perfect time. I turned Democracy Now! off and thought about what song to sing to you. I don't know a lot of nursery songs and some of them scare me so this is the first song that came to mind:

Angel Standing By
by Jewel

All through the night
I'll be watching over you
And all through the night
I'll be standing over you
And through bad dreams
I'll be right there, baby
Holding your hand
Telling you everything's going to be alright
When you cry
I'll be there baby
Telling you were never anything less than beautiful
So don't you worry
I'm your Angel standing by

I completely broke down around the "holding your hand" part. Mommie's mascara was everywhere but I pulled it off and finished the song for you. You kicked a lot after I was done so I don't know if you liked it or were saying to hush because you were trying to sleep.

I stopped to get gas and then I returned to my repertoire. I could only think of Jewel songs at this point so I sang you:


Hands by Jewel:

If I could tell the world just one thing
It would be that we're all OK
And not to worry 'cause worry is wasteful
And useless in times like these
I won't be made useless
I won't be idle with despair
I will gather myself around my faith
For light does the darkness most fear
My hands are small, I know
But they're not yours, they are my own
But they're not yours, they are my own
And I am never broken
Poverty stole your golden shoes
It didn't steal your laughter
And heartache came to visit me
But I knew it wasn't ever after
We'll fight, not out of spite
For someone must stand up for what's right
'Cause where there's a man who has no voice
There ours shall go singing
My hands are small I know
But they're not yours, they are my own
But they're not yours, they are my own
I am never broken
In the end only kindness matters
In the end only kindness matters
I will get down on my knees, and I will pray
I will get down on my knees, and I will pray
I will get down on my knees, and I will pray
My hands are small I know
But they're not yours, they are my own
But they're not yours, they are my own
And I am never broken
My hands are small I know
But they're not yours, they are my own
But they're not yours, they are my own
And I am never broken
We are never broken
We are God's eyes
God's hands
God's mind
We are God's eyes
God's hands
God's heart
We are God's eyes
God's hands
God's eyes
We are God's hands
We are God's hands

Mommie saw Jewel perform in Northampton a few months ago and cried through that whole song but I didn't cry when I sang it to you this morning for some reason. I was getting close to work by this point so singing time was over. I'll sing more songs to you later.

I got to visit your Daddy at work yesterday because I was at UMass for a workshop on Teaching for Community Engagement. I got to see where he works and then we had a quick lunch together in the Campus Center.

In the morning your Daddy leaves for work about an hour before me. I don't get up very easily in the morning so when he's about to leave I barely open one eye and give him a kiss and mumble I love you, hope you have a nice day and then go back to sleep. Unlike me, your Daddy takes his time getting ready in the morning and is really chipper. Every morning I'm amazed by how cute he looks in his fancy clothes, tie and all. Your Daddy is adorable.

It's time for me to start working so bye sweetie. I love you!

-Mommie

(25 weeks, 2 days)