Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Week 22: Happy Cumplesemana!

Good afternoon, O. :)

Happy 22nd week Birthday!!

Oh my...I really can't believe you're 22 weeks. This is going by so quickly. Your Daddy and I were laying in bed the other night and he said, O will be here in 4 months and I couldn't believe it. 4 months? You'll be out in the world? Crazy!

According to my baby newsletter, you look like a minitaure newborn and weigh about 1 pound now. Your lips are becoming more distinct, and the first signs of teeth are appearing as buds beneath your gum line. Your eyes are developed, though the iris (the colored part of the eye) still lacks pigment. It doesn't say what fruit or vegetable you look like this week either. I guess you're past that phase now that you look human-like.

Well, let's see. You had a busy day yesterday. Your Tio Jonathan and Titi Lisa and Titi Jomaira so kindly came to help us move. It was raining and sleeting yesterday and they came really early to help which was so nice of them. We couldn't have done it without their help.

Yesterday was also your cousin Jalil's 5th birthday. Happy Birthday Jalil! Unfortunately, we won't be able to attend his birthday party as we'll be in New Mexico that weekend.

When your Tio and Titis came yesterday Daddy pulled the UHaul up to our driveway and they unloaded everything so quickly. After that we went out to breakfast at Jake's and got some food and then they left back to Connecticut. Tio Jonathan and Titi Lisa also gave us some yummie sweets and a beautiful saying in celebration of Eid al-Adha, the Festival of Sacrifice. Thank you so much Jonathan, Lisa and Jomaira!!

After your familia left we started doing laundry, watched the L Word and then took a nap. I was really tired because we had gotten up early. When we woke up we went to the store to get some things for the apartment and went grocery shopping. When we got home your Daddy continued to put things away while I made dinner, rice and beans and pasta. Yummie! Our kitchen table was not set up yet so Daddy put the coffee table down and we had dinner sitting on the floor.

Mommie is at work for the first time since December 20th and it feels weird to be away from your Daddy. We've been together pretty much for all of that time. I have your five month ultrasound picture on my desk and also a picture of your Daddy so you're both keeping me company. This morning your Daddy woke up at 7am to wake me up but I couldn't get out of bed so he let me sleep a little while longer. You were up too and moving around a lot. Then we had breakfast and he drove me to work so he can learn how to get here and we said goodbye. Daddy is at home now putting everything in place because your Titis are visiting this weekend and I'm going to go have lunch. I love you sweet pea!

-Mommie
(22 weeks, 0 days)