Monday, April 30, 2007

Week 38: Not much to do

Good morning sweet pea :)

I'm sorry I haven't written to you lately but we've been a bit busy again. Yesterday we had a birthday celebration for your Daddy and lots of your familia came! They brought lots of yummie food and gifts for Daddy. You should have seen us all cramped in our tiny apartment. It was really nice and I'm glad we got to celebrate your Daddy's birthday even if it's a week early. Thank you to your familia for making the trek out to Northampton!

Daddy blowing out his 29 candles

Did I tell you about our last midwife appointment? I don't think so. It was on Wednesday and Daddy couldn't come but Jen, our doula came with me. We got to hear you again and Suzanne (the midwife) said that everything looked good and that she'll sneak food in for me during labor if I'm hungry. Yay! I don't think you've dropped yet but for some mommies that doesn't happen until they're in labor so we'll see. I keep talking with you about the whole labor process so I hope you're ready because we're ready for you!

Oh, I have a funny thing to tell you about your Daddy. Your Daddy is a pretty laid back person, at least with me he is. No matter what I do I can't annoy him or make him really upset. I told him on Saturday that I was going to get him to crack and he said...it can't happen! Well, we were supermarket shopping on Saturday night and Daddy was picking out an ice cream. He picked one and I said, oh, I don't know if that one is on sale so he put it back and then I noticed that it was on sale so I said, oh, actually it is on sale, so he got it again and put it in the cart. As soon as he put it down I said, but I wouldn't get that one though because it was all by itself in the fridge so it was probably put back by someone. Daddy looked at the ice cream and looked at me and said..."you're driving me crazy!!" hehehe...I did it sweetie! I cracked Daddy! Saturday, April 28th at 10:36pm. I wrote it down on our shopping list because it was so miraculous.

Daddy with Star Wars (and returning lots of your things that Mommie bought online but didn't like)

I'm still a bit tired but doing well. I finished reading Baby 411, a book about the things that might come up in your first year of life. Oh my, so much can happen to you sweetie! I'm sure you'll be just fine but we're new at this so it'll take us a while to figure it out. Tonight Daddy and I are going to a breastfeeding class. Should be fun! I'll talk with you later sweetie pie. Love you so so much!

-Mommie
(38 weeks, 6 days)