Saturday, April 14, 2007

Week 36: Building beavers

Good morning O! :)

I am happy to report that your Daddy was able to sleep until 6:30 this morning. He looked at the clock and said..."aww, I just can't do it!" Your poor Daddy. He tried his best though.

Let's see...right now I'm sitting on the futon with your Daddy while he plays MLB 2K7 on XBox and I'm making a list of things I need for my hospital bag. Yes, I think I'll be all packed up by the end of the weekend...yay!

Your parents have been crazy busy beavers the last few days. On Thursday night we built your swing and changing table. Eduardo has tested both out and they look great. Last night we picked up your bassinet and got you lots of socks and booties and Daddy got a diaper bag. Our best purchase thus far though has to be the Close and Secure Sleeper, which is supposed to be $39.99. For some reason though it came up as $5.09 last night at Target. No complaints here!


Daddy with the swing


Mommie building


Mommie making sure the swing works before putting Eduardo in


Eduardo swinging away


Mommie building the changing table


Daddy finishing up the changing table. You're going to be as small as Eduardo!


Eduardo testing out the sleeper

Our midwife appointment went well yesterday. I had a little talk with you before the appointment to get you ready for the heart doppler and it seemed to work because for the first time ever you didn't move when the midwife put it on. You just rested there and let her do her thing. Good job O! I also came back as Group B Strep negative so no antibiotics needed for you. After the appointment we also took another tour of the hospital where you'll be born and saw little babies in the nursery...they were so little and cute! I also found out that they don't allow mommies to eat during labor so I'm going to have to sneak some snacks in.


Daddy at the midwife office. Your kidneys are mature!


Mommie waiting for the midwife

I don't think we told you but we were told last week that the midwives at Hampshire Ob/Gyn (our practice) are no longer going to be able to deliver babies as of June 15th. They'll still be able to see mommies at their prenatal and postnatal visit but they can't be at your actual birth. Crazy, huh? Luckily for us though you just made it. If you were due a month later though we would have had to change practices which at this point would be difficult. Your Daddy and I wrote letters to our practice and also to the hospital letting them know how upset we are about this decision and how important the midwives are to us and the community. I hope they'll change their mind.

Your Daddy is still sick so send him some good energy little O so he can get better soon. Love you sweetie!

-Mommie
(36 weeks, 4 days)