Sunday, July 15, 2007

Week 8: A wonderful day.

So, today was a real nice day, both in terms of weather and content. We went to your Tio Jonathan's birthday party, and I was in charge of grilling most of the food. It was a lot of fun, this is something I enjoy, although I did miss not seeing much of you or your Mommy while I was on the grill, but it was still fun. Afterward, I took a break to go play some basketball. I love basketball and wonder if you will to? After playing with some other kids from the neighborhood I got to play against your Tio Jonathan, and while he is pretty good I was fortunate enough to beat him in the two games I played against him.

Then I got to hang out a bit with your Mommy before heading home. I get along good with your Tio Jonathan and think he is a great father, something I aspire to be as well, and think if the two of us were on the same basketball team we'd make a solid combination since from his defense I can tell he enjoys that part of the game as much as I do, and you can never have enough players on a team that like defense!

You know today I was thinking back to the first date your Mommy and I had, and how nervous I was to see her. It seems like just yesterday but time does fly fast. I couldn't decide how dressy to get and was concerned about how hot I'd get in pants because it was pretty humid out. But, I guess I didn't look too bad, since you're around right?

We went to this pizza place and ate outside and after talking to her for just a little I knew right away how special she was. I couldn't wait to come back and see her again and again and dreaded the thought of being away from her. Speaking of which, I wonder if you'll be a Momma's boy? That's ok if you are, I won't be jealous, honestly. Well, the best thing about today (well, Saturday) is that there's still one day left in the weekend to relax before going back to work. Love you.

Pa