Friday, July 13, 2007

Week 8: Getting my second wind

So little one, you've been keeping me up late at night. I guess that's to be expected but 4:30 am when I have to wake up at 6:30 am is kinda tough. The consequence, if you can call it that, of your work was a wonderful day spent with your Mommy, her Mommy, and her sister. We went to a waterfall and I couldn't resist but to hop in! It was great. I think you'll like to get in waterfalls when you grow up as well. You love going outside and you're not too bad when we give you a bath, so I'm predicting you'll like water and love waterfalls.

Things on other fronts have been good. My job has been kinda busy and sometimes it seems like I'm living to work and not working to live. I wish I had no debt so I could afford to spend more time with you little guy. I love holding you and love it when you go to sleep on my chest. You've grown so much! I won the little guessing game between your Mommy and I about how much you weighed and how tall you were. I was closest although even my guesses were too little, you're huge! But still cute and beautiful.

I keep telling your Mommy I can't imagine that you are going to be big one day and I can tell you I will will never forget you used to sleep on my chest and sit on my lap and watch tv with me. It makes me cry to think that while you need your Mommy and I now, one day you won't want to listen to us and won't need us. I hope you grow up to be good friends with me, but still respect me as your father. You know I got so jealous at this Daddy boot camp when another dad said his best friend was his dad. No pressure O, but that would be nice, to be your best friend. I love you little guy.

Pa