Sunday, September 9, 2007

Week 16: Memories...

O, we just got back from visiting my family in Brookline and I couldn't help but think back to some times when things seemed so daunting and I wasn't sure if I could handle what was to come, you! I remember coming to visit your Mommy and you from North Carolina and always wanting to stay a little longer, a day, an hour, a few minutes and then rushing off to the airport at the last second equally wanting to catch the flight as wanting to miss it.

I remember the first time I met your Lela Carmen, she put me on the spot from the get go sitting me down on her back porch table to talk to me. I wasn't that nervous but nonetheless it was stressful thinking about trying to impress the mother of someone I had fallen in love with.

I remember feeling you having hiccups in your Mommy's belly and then you kicking late at night when your Mommy was sleeping and I was awake talking to you through your Mommy's belly.

I remember being in North Carolina away from you and your Mommy and counting down every minute until I could see you again, and feeling like the days wouldn't end soon enough.

And who could forget the most stressful time in my life ever, the dreaded move from North Carolina to Massachusetts. The UHaul truck that I drove the whole distance with the help of your Mommy to keep me awake and that without a doubt put years on my life from the stress.

No matter what the memory I have about us, one thing I remember about how I felt during those moments was that I knew things would be ok at the end of the day, and they are.

I'll never forget catching you as you came out of your Mommy's belly and seeing you and thinking right away this was what I was put on this world for, to be your Daddy and your Mommy's partner!

Love,

Pa