Sunday, October 5, 2008

16 months: Eric Carle Museum

On Friday Daddy got out of work a little early and we headed to the Eric Carle Museum. It's such a beautiful museum and is dedicated not to just Eric Carle's work but other children book illustrators. The funny thing is that this museum is housed at the college where I used to work but we had never gone when I worked there. We went on Friday night because Corduroy was going to be there and you love yourself some Corduroy.

We also got to see my old boss there and her son Sammy who is now 20 months old. I can't believe you two are so big! Anyhoo, I didn't get a photo of the two of you together but I wish I did because you two are the cutest.



In front of one of Carle's paintings which Daddy said he could make himself



They had yummie pizza for Corduroy night and the most beautifully designed high chairs I've seen so far.



Their chocolate chip cookies have little holes in them because the very hungry caterpillar at through them all...so cute!



They have a big art studio for children to make different art pieces.



I made my own art piece. I know it looks like I'm preggers but I'm not. I just have a big pooch for a tummy.



It was scratch art and guess whose name I wrote?



Oh snap there goes Corduroy!



You're not sure about this. They warned us that he might scare young children.



He didn't scare you though...you plowed through all the children to get to him.



Daddy had to control you a bit



Shaking his hand



Playing in the library



You liked the echo in the galleries

Afterwards we saw a short Corduroy movie that was a bit scary and then headed home from Massachusetts.